- Wednesday 06 January, 2016<p> 25th March Good Friday, 28th March Easter Monday - No Playgroup</p> <p>We finish playgroup ...
- Wednesday 06 January, 2016We finish on Friday 12th February and return normal time on Monday 22nd February.
- Tuesday 10 November, 2015<p> Tuesday 17th November 9.30am</p> <p>Thursday 26th November 1.30pm</p> <p>Monday 30th Novem...
Welcome to St John's Nursery Playgroup at OakmereSt John's Nursery Playgroup relocated to Oakmere School in September 2008 following the closure of Sunny Bank School, where we had been established since 1979, offering high quality education and care. The playgroup is owned by St John's Methodist Church, Potters Bar and governed by the Playgroup Board who is accountable to the Church Council of St John's Methodist Church. The Playgroup Board is made up of church members plus the Manager and Leaders of both settings chaired by Neil Wilson.
In 2013 we were accredited the prestigious Hertfordshire Quality Standards Award. This award recognises the high quality care and standards we provide throughout the setting. We work in close partnership with our sister playgroup at St John's Methodist Church, Baker Street Potters Bar who also achieved the HQS accreditation in 2013.
You can find our latest Ofsted Report here.
As part of our continuing commitment to work at the highest levels, St John's Nursery Playgroups are members of several organisations and have signed up for organisations which further improve our quality and professionalism:
- St John's Nursery Playgroup has been a member of Preschool Learning Alliance (PSLA) for many years, having benefitted from their expertise relating to children in Early Years. They are able to provide up to date advice and have a workforce committed to making sure the voice of our youngest members of society are heard, mostly via early years leaders and owners.
- In addition to this Celia Mills is also a member of the Hertfordshire Executive committee of the PSLA. This means that we have a real influence over what happens locally and nationally affecting early years and any new legislation, research and news items are received as soon as they appear. We receive weekly updates.
- St John's has joined the Eat Better Start Better Project in Hertfordshire, as one of only very few preschool settings in Hertfordshire. This means we have to follow certain guidelines and have provided us with a focus to make sure our children eat healthily from what we provide and we give advice about what is healthy lunchbox content. The Eat Better project is mostly aimed at Nursery settings which provide a cooked meal for children, but we are pleased to be part of this project. It has given us access to delicious meal ideas for the whole family and advice on portion size for young children.
Our VisionThrough our vision to be recognised as providing an outstanding service to the community it serves, St John's Nursery Playgroup will, in partnership with parents and carers, enable all children to start their unique journeys as confident, independent and lifelong learners.
At St John's
- we provide high quality care and education through play experiences for children below statutory school age;
- We work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- We add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- We offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
We hope you will find all the information you need to learn about St John's Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School on this site. You can find out more about St John's Nursery Playgroup at Baker Street here.
Please go to our [ Parents' Information ] section for full details.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633